The 'Crown', Keyford

 

In Sept 1785 this was owned and occupied by Richard POBJOY, Publican (1712-1797). That month he made his will, dividing his substantial landholdings between his daughter Ann (1740-1816) and son William (1742-1812).

 

Between 1800 and 1816 it was owned by Ann and occupied by John JOICE, perhaps a relative of Ann's mother and perhaps the John JOYCE who married Hannah POBJOY in 1794.

 

In 1785 a Hannah POBJOY, School Mistress, was living next door but one to the Crown, with William POBJOY, Shearman, in between.